IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Peasants of Hierro, 1825
Peasants of Hierro
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 6 1/8 inches (21.9 × 15.6 cm)
In graphite, lower center: "Native of Hierro/Her" [illegible]; in pen and brown ink, superimposed on graphite inscription: "Peasants of Hierro"; on verso, in pen and brown ink, upper left: "20 | Edwd. Chas. Mitchell"; in pen and blue/green ink, center right: "Alfred Diston | Tenerife | Decr. 4 |1825"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, verso, center left: " Alfred Diston | Teriefe | Dec 4 | 1825"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | cliff | coast | costume | figure study | genre subject | peasants | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.