- Peasants of Hierro
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 6 1/8 inches (21.9 × 15.6 cm)
In graphite, lower center: "Native of Hierro/Her" [illegible]; in pen and brown ink, superimposed on graphite inscription: "Peasants of Hierro"; on verso, in pen and brown ink, upper left: "20 | Edwd. Chas. Mitchell"; in pen and blue/green ink, center right: "Alfred Diston | Tenerife | Decr. 4 |1825"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, verso, center left: " Alfred Diston | Teriefe | Dec 4 | 1825"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | cliff | coast | costume | figure study | genre subject | peasants | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Peasants of Hierro, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.