IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Looking Upwards from Devil's Bridge, Cardiganshire, Wales, undated
Looking Upwards from Devil's Bridge, Cardiganshire, Wales
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 x 23 3/4 inches (35.2 x 60.3 cm)
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "JWD. RA."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | landscape | rocks (landforms) | water
- Associated Places:
- Cardiganshire | Cymru | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Art in Focus : Wales (Yale Center for British Art, 2014-04-04 - 2014-08-10) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
James Ward (Yale Center for British Art, 2004-05-21 - 2004-08-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Yale Center for British Art, Wales, New Haven, 2014, pp. 18-19, 21, V2519 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.