- Pont Aber Glaslyn
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Mount: 14 9/16 × 18 3/4 inches (37 × 47.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 12 3/16 × 16 13/16 inches (31 × 42.7 cm), Image: 10 7/16 × 14 5/8 inches (26.5 × 37.1 cm), and Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/2 inches (26 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen in black ink, on mount, lower center: "PONT ABBER GLLASLYN"
Paul Mellon collectors mark, on verso
Signed and dated, on mount, lower right: "W. Burgess 1785"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Burgess, 1749–1812, British, Pont Aber Glaslyn, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.