- The Indians Delivering up the English Captives to Colonel Bouquet near his camp at the folks of Muskingum in North America in November 1764, 1765
- between 1765 and 1766
- Graphite, with pen in black and brown ink, with rubbing and shading on medium, slightly textured, bege laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 x 8 1/4 inches (25.7 x 21 cm) and Image: 8 1/8 x 6 3/16 inches (20.6 x 15.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "B.West | [...]"
Signed in brown ink bottom left: "B West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camp (temporary settlement) | captives | children | colonel | colonist | costume | earrings | families | fear | flag | hats | Indians | men | military art | mother | rifles | sadness | soldiers | sword | trees | trellis | women
- Associated Places:
- Muskingum | North America | Ohio
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Benjamin West, 1738–1820, American, active in Britain (from 1763), The Indians Delivering up the English Captives to Colonel Bouquet near his camp at the folks of Muskingum in North America in November 1764, 1765, between 1765 and 1766
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.