Woman of Victoria, Tenerife
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 7 3/8 inches (23.2 × 18.7 cm)
On verso, in pen and brown/red ink, lower center: "N° 5 | Tenerife | Woman of Victoria"; in graphite, center: "[illegible] 1828"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | costume | figure study | genre subject | house | peasant | poultry | road | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Woman of Victoria, Tenerife, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.