IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Downman, 1750–1824, British, Portrait of a Lady, Facing Left, undated
Portrait of a Lady, Facing Left
- Black and red chalk with watercolor and stumping on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 6 3/8 inches (20 x 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "2 (encircled) | J. DOWNMAN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | curls | figure study | gown | hat | lady | nobility | oval | portrait | ribbon | ruffles | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.