attributed to John Downman, 1750–1824, British, Portrait of a Girl Holding a Garland, undated
Portrait of a Girl Holding a Garland
- Black and red chalk with graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 12 3/8 × 9 1/2 inches (31.4 × 24.1 cm) and Sheet: 8 7/8 x 6 1/2 inches (22.5 x 16.5 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | figure study | flowers (plants) | girl | gown | portrait
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.