Portrait of a Lady, Facing Right
- Watercolor with black chalk and stumping over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (oval): 8 × 6 5/8 inches (20.3 × 16.8 cm)
Signed and dated in black ink, lower right: "J.D | 1781"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet | bow (costume accessory) | chair | curls | fichu | figure study | kerchief | lady | mountains | nobility | oval | portrait | profile (figure) | ribbon | seated | window | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.