Bluebeard Giving the Keys to Fatima
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 10 1/4 inches (21.6 x 26 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "N° 1 Bluebeard giving keys to Fatima on Terrace"
Signed bird monogram in pen and black ink, lower left: "RD"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | genre subject | keys | mythology | river | terrace
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Richard Doyle, 1824–1883, British, Bluebeard Giving the Keys to Fatima, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.