IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Dunthorne, active 1783–1792, British, A Poacher in Custody, undated
A Poacher in Custody
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 × 5 1/2 inches (20 × 14 cm)
In pen and brown ink, lower right: "For Poaching & c.."
Watermark: Brittania (similar to Heawood 207[?], pages 30 - 35) (fragment; unidentified)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | custody | men | poacher
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.