IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles Dyce, active 1848, British, Point de Galle, Ceylon (Sri Lanka), ca. 1849
Point de Galle, Ceylon (Sri Lanka)
- ca. 1849
- Watercolor over graphite with scraping out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 × 13 7/8 inches (24.8 × 35.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso of mount in graphite, upper center: "Point de Galle / Couche / Engrance"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | marine art | men | palm trees | rocks (landforms) | ship | storm | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Ceylon | Point de Galle | Sri Lanka
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.