Charles Dyce, active 1848, British, Point de Galle, Ceylon (Sri Lanka), ca. 1849
Point de Galle, Ceylon (Sri Lanka)
- ca. 1849
- Watercolor over graphite with scraping out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 × 13 7/8 inches (24.8 × 35.2 cm)
On verso of mount, in graphite, upper center: "Point de Galle/Couche/Engrance"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | marine art | men | palm trees | rocks (landforms) | ship | storm | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Ceylon | Point de Galle | Sri Lanka
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.