- Point de Galle, Ceylon (Sri Lanka)
- ca. 1849
- Watercolor over graphite with scraping out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 × 13 7/8 inches (24.8 × 35.2 cm)
On verso of mount, in graphite, upper center: "Point de Galle/Couche/Engrance"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | marine art | men | palm trees | rocks (landforms) | ship | storm | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Ceylon | Point de Galle | Sri Lanka
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Dyce, active 1848, British, Point de Galle, Ceylon (Sri Lanka), ca. 1849
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.