IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Chambers, 1803–1840, British, Sailing Barges and Boats in a Choppy Sea, undated
Sailing Barges and Boats in a Choppy Sea
- Graphite, gray wash and brown wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 11 1/8 inches (17.5 × 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Georgechambers". Lower right" "D 1770"
Signed in graphite, verso, upper left: George Chambers.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barges, canal boats | boats | marine art | sails | sea | waves (natural events) | windmill
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.