- Sailing Barges and Boats in a Choppy Sea
- Graphite, gray wash and brown wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 11 1/8 inches (17.5 × 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Georgechambers". Lower right" "D 1770"
Signed in graphite, verso, upper left: George Chambers.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barges, canal boats | boats | marine art | sails | sea | waves (natural events) | windmill
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Chambers, 1803–1840, British, Sailing Barges and Boats in a Choppy Sea, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.