George Chambers, 1803–1840, British, A Lugger Signaling a Passing Frigate, undated
A Lugger Signaling a Passing Frigate
- Pen and brown ink on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 10 5/8 inches (17.1 × 27 cm), Mount: 11 5/8 × 14 7/8 inches (29.5 × 37.8 cm), and Contemporary drawn border: 9 5/8 × 13 5/8 inches (24.4 × 34.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Allen Evarts Foster, 1969
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- frigates | luggers | marine art | sails | ships | storm
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.