Study for a composition: The Wreck of an East Indiaman
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Swiss Mountain Scene
- ca. 1830
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 × 6 7/8 inches (12.1 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: Indiaman [...]; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "[Kantasch Tantes] 26 | [...]"; lower center: "Church."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | clouds | crash | figures | marine art | rocks (landforms) | ship | shipwreck | storm | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Study for a composition: The Wreck of an East Indiaman, ca. 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.