- Study for a composition: The Wreck of an East Indiaman
- ca. 1830
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 × 6 7/8 inches (12.1 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed, in graphite, LR: Indiaman? [ illegible]; verso, UL, in graphite: Kantasch (?) Tantes...(?) 26, and ?[illegible], and in graphite, LC: Church.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | clouds | crash | figures | marine art | rocks (landforms) | ship | shipwreck | storm | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Study for a composition: The Wreck of an East Indiaman, ca. 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.