- Watercolor, ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 9 5/8 inches (16.5 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Upnor Lodge"; inscribed in graphite, on mount: "M.S. = Mary Smirke/ AD 373 Upnor Lodge; inscribed on verso: "62"
Watermark on laid paper mount: F.L. Head
Signed in black ink, lower right: "1820 | MS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | houses | landscape | lawns | porches
- Associated Places:
- England | Kent | United Kingdom | Upnor
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.