Portrait of Master Cornelius Stovey, at Doncaster
- Pastel on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper, mounted on canvas
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 8 inches (24.4 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed on wooden backing: "Portrait of | Master Cornelius Stovey | painted a Doncaster | of Newman Street | London"
Signed and dated on wooden backing in black ink: "April 1810| by J.R. Smith"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | boy | portrait | trees
- Associated Places:
- Doncaster | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Portrait of Master Cornelius Stovey, at Doncaster, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.