Head of an Aga of the Janisseries
- Pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 9 1/2 inches (30.8 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink lower center: "Charlotte Augusta Maltilda"; in pen and black ink lower right: "Charlotte Augusta Matilda"; inscribed on back in graphite upper right: "PV"; in blue pencil upper right encircled: "18"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aga | beard | earrings | hat | head | Janisseries | man | military art | turban | uniforms
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Princess Augusta Charlotte, 1766–1828, British, Head of an Aga of the Janisseries, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.