Lady Louisa Duncombe on Horseback
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of Cattle Herders
- ca. 1824
- Graphite and pen and black ink, squared for transfer on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 9 7/8 inches (17.8 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and black ink, upper right: "+"; in graphite, upper right: "Lady Louisa/ Duncombe"; in graphite, center left: "[illegible]"; and in graphite, lower right: "26" and in pen and black ink, upper center: "+". Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper right"": +/ [artist's shorthand]."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horse (animal) | horseback riding | portrait | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Chinnery, 1774–1852, British, Lady Louisa Duncombe on Horseback, ca. 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.