Designs for Gothic Chairs
- Graphite, gray wash, pen and black and gray ink on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 13 1/4 inches (19.7 x 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink over graphite lower left: "T Chippendale inv et Diln"; lower center: "Published According to Act of Parliamt"; lower right: "M Darly Sculp"; inscribed in pen and black ink lower right sideways: "3"; inscribed in pen and brown ink over graphite upper center: "N. 22 Gothick Chairs"; upper right sideways: "26"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carving | chairs | furniture | Gothic | still life
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Peter N. Lindfield, Georgian Gothic: Medievalist Architecture, Furniture and Interiors, 1730-1840, The Boydell Press, Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK ; Rochester, NY, p. 97, fig. 3.7, NA966.5.G66 L56 2016 (LC) (YCBA)