Design for a Monument to the Memory of Michaelangelo
- Pen and black ink, brown and gray wash, graphite on paper laid down on heavy laid paper with brown wash border
- Sheet: 12 × 13 15/16 inches (30.5 × 35.4 cm) and Mount: 12 11/16 × 14 1/2 inches (32.2 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "G.B. Cipriani 1726-85 | Design for a monument to the memory of | Michael Angelo"; in graphite, right: "Barlow Knutsford"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | brushes | cherub | chisel | footstool | hammer | leaning | low-relief sculpture | monument | nudes | palette | religious and mythological subject | sculpture | sitting | thoughtful | torch | vase | veil | women | wreaths
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Cipriani RA, 1727–1785, Italian, active in Britain (1755-85), Design for a Monument to the Memory of Michaelangelo, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.