The Briar Wood
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Photogravure on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/2 × 32 3/4 inches (41.9 × 83.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1"
Blind embossed: The Printsellers' Association, "KCO" (Lugt 2051)
Lettered above image: "Published April 15th 1892 by Thomas Agnew & Sons London, Liverpool and Manchester Copyright Registered 1892. Printed in Paris."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Edward Burne-Jones"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948, Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | briar | flower (plant) | foliage | hero | knight (landholder) | literary theme | man | religious and mythological subject | shield | sleeping | Sleeping Beauty (fairy tale) | sword | thorn
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
After Edward Burne-Jones, 1833–1898, British, The Briar Wood, 1892
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.