- The Council Chamber
- Photogravure on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 3/4 × 33 1/4 inches (42.5 × 84.5 cm)
Blind embossed: "Printsellers' | Association | KIM"
Lettered above image: "Published April 15th 1892 by Thomas Agnew & Sons London, Liverpool and Manchester Copyright Registered 1892. Printed in Paris."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Edward Burne-Jones"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948, Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | book | briar | chambers (assembly spaces) | crown | curtain | flower (plant) | hourglass | literary theme | man | religious and mythological subject | religious and mythological subject | sleeping | Sleeping Beauty (fairy tale) | soldier | thorn | throne | veil | window | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
After Edward Burne-Jones, 1833–1898, British, The Council Chamber, 1892
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.