Ruines du château du Maure, à Cintra (Ruins of the Moorish Castle in Sintra, Portugal)
- ca. 1857
- Albumen print on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/4 × 16 1/8 inches (31.1 × 41 cm) and Mount: 17 1/2 × 23 3/4 inches (44.5 × 60.3 cm)
Inscribed on mount in black ink, lower center: "Ruines du Château du Maure, à Cintra (Portugal)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Joy of Giving Something, Inc.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boulders | mountains | roads | steps | trees | walls
- Associated Places:
- Portugal | Sintra
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Clifford, ca. 1800–1863, British, active in Spain, Ruines du château du Maure, à Cintra (Ruins of the Moorish Castle in Sintra, Portugal), ca. 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.