IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, Design for a Ceiling, undated
Design for a Ceiling
- Pen and black and gray ink with gray wash within double-ruled border on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 × 8 1/4 inches (34.6 × 21 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower right: "No 24"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- acanthus | architectural subject | ceiling | scrolling foliage | squares (geometric figures) | tiles
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.