- Design for a Ceiling
- Pen and black and gray ink with gray wash within double-ruled border on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 × 8 1/4 inches (34.6 × 21 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower right: "No 24"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- acanthus | architectural subject | ceiling | scrolling foliage | squares (geometric figures) | tiles
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Design for a Ceiling, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.