IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Roger Fenton, 1819–1869, British, The Thames, Maidenhead Bridge, ca. 1856
The Thames, Maidenhead Bridge
- ca. 1856
- Albumen print from wet collodion glass negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 × 11 inches (21.3 × 27.9 cm), Frame: 21 × 24 1/2 × 7/8 inches (53.3 × 62.2 × 2.2 cm)
Inscribed on mount in black ink, lower center: "The Thames - Maidenhead Bridge"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Joy of Giving Something, Inc.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- body of water | bridge | cityscape
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.