When Swift They Saw John Gilpin Ride, Bare-Headed as Before
- Pen and black ink and watercolor on thick, moderately textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 4 inches (9.5 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribe in graphite, lower center: "When Swift They Saw John Gilpin Ride/ Bare-Headed as Before". Inscribed, in ink, recto, upper center: "Edmonton and WINE DINNER".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balcony | caricature | crowd | dog (animal) | dust | horse (animal) | literary theme | race | riding (traveling) | stirrups
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, When Swift They Saw John Gilpin Ride, Bare-Headed as Before, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.