When Swift They Saw John Gilpin Ride, Bare-Headed as Before
- Pen and black ink and watercolor on thick, moderately textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 4 inches (9.5 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribe in graphite, lower center: "When Swift They Saw John Gilpin Ride/ Bare-Headed as Before". Inscribed, in ink, recto, upper center: "Edmonton and WINE DINNER".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balcony | caricature | crowd | dog (animal) | dust | horse (animal) | literary theme | race | riding (traveling) | stirrups
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, When Swift They Saw John Gilpin Ride, Bare-Headed as Before, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.