IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Cleveley the younger, 1747–1786, British, Shipping in a Calm, undated
Shipping in a Calm
- Pen and brown ink with gray wash on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted to medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 × 4 7/8 inches (9.8 × 12.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "WE"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower left: "WE P128 N53."
Collectors Mark: William Esdaile (1785-1820) (Lugt 2617).
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | rowboat | sails | sea | ships
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.