IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Pattison Cockburn, 1778–1847, British, Trotting Past, ca. 1832
- ca. 1832
- Brown wash with pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/8 × 6 inches (10.5 × 15.2 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Jas P. Cockburn."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cavalry | horses (animals) | men | soldiers | trotting
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.