Evening at Sea
- Graphite and blue wash on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 x 5 3/8 inches (9.8 x 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Brighton"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "5 x 3 3/4"; in graphite, verso, center: "[...]"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "Constable, J: | Evening at Sea | 62/ 5/2/3"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | meteorology | science | sea | ship | storm
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Painting in England 1700-1850, collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon. , Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1963, p. 87, no. 121, ND466 V57 v.1-2 (YCBA)