Coastal scene with Figures, Boats, Lighthouse, etc.
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink with brown wash on medium, moderately textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 × 7 1/8 inches (12.4 × 18.1 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Jas P. Cockburn"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchor | boat | cliff | figures | landscape | lighthouse | marine art | rowboat | seascape | watercolor
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Pattison Cockburn, 1778–1847, British, Coastal scene with Figures, Boats, Lighthouse, etc, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.