Group of Figures Round a Distant Bonfire in a Wood
- ca. 1832
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink with brown wash, gouache and graphite on medium, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 × 8 inches (14.9 × 20.3 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Jas P. Cockburn"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | bonfire | grass | landscape | smoke | woods
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Pattison Cockburn, 1778–1847, British, Group of Figures Round a Distant Bonfire in a Wood, ca. 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.