The Photographer's Burden
- before 1992
- Collage on medium, smooth, white wove paper
- 11 × 8 1/2 inches (27.9 × 21.6 cm) and 8 5/8 × 6 1/8 inches (21.9 × 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "The Photographer's burden"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "RM | JM"; lower left: "E.O. Hoppe"; lower right: "89"
Signed in black ink, lower right: "BJ"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Joy of Giving Something, Inc.
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | book | burden | camera | caricature | carrying | clock | clouds | coat | gear | god | goddess | Gun | hill | light | man | photographer | pistol | religious and mythological subject | statue | top hat | tripod | Venus de Milo, ca. 101 BCE, by Alexandros of Antioch (Greek sculptor, active ca. 100 BCE)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Bill Jay, 1940–2009, British, The Photographer's Burden, before 1992
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.