Crypt of the Great Pillars, Mont St. Michel, France
- Materials & Techniques:
- Sepia toned gelatin silver print on photographic paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 × 7 1/2 inches (19.7 × 19.1 cm), Mount: 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "17/45"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Crypt of the Great Pillars, Mont St. Michel, France"
Stamped on verso: "Negative [ 2000 ] Print [ 2004 ] | This sepia toned silver gelatin photographic print is number [ 17 ] in a limited edition. The total number of prints in this edition will not exceed 45 and 4 artist proofs. All prints are made by Michael Kenna. Copyright MICHAEL KENNA"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Michael Kenna 2000"; signed on verso of mount in graphite, lower center: "Michael Kenna"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Joy of Giving Something, Inc.
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | monastery | piers (supporting elements) | pillars | rib vaults
- Associated Places:
- France | Mont-Saint-Michel
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Michael Kenna, born 1953, British, Crypt of the Great Pillars, Mont St. Michel, France, 2000
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.