Daybreak, Vaux-Le-Vicomte, France
- Materials & Techniques:
- Sepia toned gelatin silver print; artist's proof on photographic paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 × 7 5/8 inches (19.7 × 19.4 cm), Mount: 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "AP 4"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Daybreak, Vaux-Le-Vicomte, France"
Stamped on verso: "Negative [ 1996 ] Print [ 2000 ] | This sepia toned silver gelatin photographic print is number [ AP 4 ] in a limited edition. The total number of prints in this edition will not exceed 45 and 4 artist proofs. All prints are made by Michael Kenna. Copyright MICHAEL KENNA"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Michael Kenna 1996"; signed on verso of mount in graphite, lower center: "Michael Kenna"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Joy of Giving Something, Inc.
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | fog | landscape | silhouettes | statue | trees
- Associated Places:
- France | Vaux le Vicomte
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Michael Kenna, born 1953, British, Daybreak, Vaux-Le-Vicomte, France, 1996
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.