IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Michael Kenna, born 1953, British, Charles Bridge, Study 7, Prague, Czech Republic, 1996
Charles Bridge, Study 7, Prague, Czech Republic
- Sepia toned gelatin silver print on photographic paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 × 7 5/8 inches (20 × 19.4 cm), Mount: 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "17/45"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Charles Bridge, Study 7, Prague, Czechoslovakia"
Stamped on verso: "Negative [ 1996 ] Print [ 1996 ] | This sepia toned silver gelatin photographic print is number [ 17 ] in a limited edition. The total number of prints in this edition will not exceed 45 and 4 artist proofs. Copyright MICHAEL KENNA"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Michael Kenna 1996"; signed on verso of mount in graphite, lower center: "Michael Kenna"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Joy of Giving Something, Inc.
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | landscape | river | silhouettes | trees
- Associated Places:
- Charles Bridge | Czech Republic | Prague | Vltava
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.