- between 1831 and 1832
- Pen and brown ink and brown wash on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/4 x 4 3/8 inches (5.7 x 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and dark brown ink, verso: "dinner on Tuesday | at six o'clock. | I should have answered your polite note sooner"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dawn | landscape
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Constable, 1776–1837, British, Dawn, between 1831 and 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.