View of the Isle of Wight: Landscape with Figures
- ca. 1800
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 13 1/8 inches (23.2 × 33.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "[...] | 4 | View in the Isle of Whight by Paul Sandby"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "P. S"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | houses | landscape | moss | path | rocks (landforms) | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Isle of Wight | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Master of the Wire Line, 18th century, View of the Isle of Wight: Landscape with Figures, ca. 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.