View of the Isle of Wight: Landscape with Figures
- ca. 1800
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 13 1/8 inches (23.2 × 33.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "[...] | 4 | View in the Isle of Whight by Paul Sandby"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "P. S"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | houses | landscape | path | rocks (landforms) | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Isle of Wight | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Master of the Wire Line, 18th century, View of the Isle of Wight: Landscape with Figures, ca. 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.