- The Temple of Aphaea at Aegina: Details and Field Notes of Excavation
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 × 9 11/16 inches (39.1 × 24.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "arch connec[...]"; in graphite, center: "with small [...] & sea sand mixed with charcoal & bones of | sacrifices"; in graphite, center right: "these two courses | worked with [...]"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions and calculations given; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "AEGINA. | Temple at the Port"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Doric | Greek | ruins | temple
- Associated Places:
- Aíyina | Greece | Temple of Aphaia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Robert Cockerell, 1788–1863, British, The Temple of Aphaea at Aegina: Details and Field Notes of Excavation, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.