IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles Robert Cockerell, 1788–1863, British, The Temple of Apollo Epikourios: Distant View, undated
The Temple of Apollo Epikourios: Distant View
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 12 3/8 inches (21.9 × 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center: "Laconia"; in graphite, lower center: "From T.e at Phigalia, SE of T.e"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Doric | Greek | religious and mythological subject | ruins | temple
- Associated Places:
- Bassae | Europe | Greece | Messinías, Nomós
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
The Archaeology of Architecture - Charles Robert Cockerell in Southern Europe and the Levant, 1810-1817 (Yale Center for British Art, 1993-03-23 - 1993-05-23) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.