- The Struggles of Virtue
- Pen and black ink with graphite and gray wash on medium, moderately textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 8 7/8 inches (17.5 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink, center: "Bond" (sideways); inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Struggles of Virtue."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hat | soldiers | tree | virtue
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Collings, active 1784–1795, British, The Struggles of Virtue, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.