- Egyptian Vulture
- ca. 1736
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, pen and gray ink, and graphite with scratching out on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 × 23 inches (48.3 × 58.4 cm) and Mount: 21 1/4 × 26 1/2 inches (54 × 67.3 cm)
Inscribed on mount, lower left: "Egyptian Vultur | LT"; lower right: "23 1/2 x 19 1/4"; inscribed on back of mount in pen and black ink: "Neophron percnopterus Egyptian Vulture [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | beak | bird | feathers | vulture
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Charles Collins, 1660–1744, British, Egyptian Vulture, ca. 1736
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.