A Sailing Barge in the Downs
- Graphite on medium, cream, wove paper mounted to beige laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 x 3 1/8 inches (8.9 x 7.9 cm) and Mount: 5 5/8 x 5 3/8 inches (14.3 x 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, lower right: "Downs"; inscribed on verso, center, in graphite: "J. Constable"; inscribed on mount in graphite, lower right: "2363 x"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barge | marine art | sailboat | sailing | sea
- Associated Places:
- Downs | England | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, A Sailing Barge in the Downs, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.