Village of Stonethwaite and Eagle Cragg, Borrowdale
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 20 1/4 inches (34.3 x 51.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "J Smith | 1792"; in graphite, upper center: "Village of Borrowdale [...]"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "J Smith | 1792"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | clouds | houses | landscape | mountains | river | rocks (landforms) | smoke | trees | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Borrowdale | Cumbria | England | Europe | Lake District | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, Village of Stonethwaite and Eagle Cragg, Borrowdale, 1792