Village of Stonethwaite and Eagle Cragg, Borrowdale
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 20 1/4 inches (34.3 x 51.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "J Smith | 1792"; in graphite, upper center: "Village of Borrowdale [...]"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "J Smith | 1792"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | clouds | houses | landscape | mountains | river | rocks (landforms) | smoke | trees | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Borrowdale | Cumbria | England | Europe | Lake District | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, Village of Stonethwaite and Eagle Cragg, Borrowdale, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.