- The Val d'Aosta, Piedmont
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/8 x 28 inches (49.2 x 71.1 cm)
Signed and dated in black ink, lower left: " JS 1784"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | donkey | equestrian | Grand Tour | landscape | men | mountains | path | road | trees | wind
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Piedmont | Val d'Aosta
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, The Val d'Aosta, Piedmont, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.