Woman with Folded Arms
- Former Title(s):
Maria Constable Towards the End of Her Life
- Watercolor with gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 5 inches (16.5 x 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "John Constable: Maria Constable"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arms | figure study | folded | genre subject | portrait | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Woman with Folded Arms, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.