IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Woman with Folded Arms, undated
Woman with Folded Arms
- Former Title(s):
Maria Constable Towards the End of Her Life
- Watercolor with gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 5 inches (16.5 x 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "John Constable: Maria Constable"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arms | figure study | folded | genre subject | portrait | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.