- The Finishing Kick Out of the Privy Council
- Etching with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/4 × 10 7/8 inches (43.8 × 27.6 cm), Plate: 13 7/8 × 9 3/4 inches (35.2 × 24.8 cm), and Image: 12 7/8 × 9 1/4 inches (32.7 × 23.5 cm)
Watermak: HALL & TAPLIN
Lettered upper center: "I confess, and I am asham'd to confess it, that I did advise this step of kicking out | my Honest worthy old friend Harry, but not without a bitter pang, which has given me | the gripes of compassion and the belly ach of pity_no more shall we Pyllades and Orestes like set side | by side_no more shall we the Port and Sherry swig_my hope | is gone, my joys are fled. _ Harry farewell, now Billy is | Wretch inded. | What, what, what, not like to go out I shall go. 'shall go.' | been here long enough. heard a report, deceitfull servant, go! go! go! | Ah geude your M.__ ha merey do no kick so hard. _ I'll ge | bock the siller an you'll tak me in again."; lettered lower center: "Argus del,t | THE FINISHING KICK_OUT_of the P----y_Council | Pul'd by C Knight Lambeth | and sold at no. 7 Cornhill".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Godfrey Pearlson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Williams, active 1796–1830, British, The Finishing Kick Out of the Privy Council, 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.