- A Flight Across the Herring Pool
- Etching with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 15 1/2 inches (24.4 × 39.4 cm), Plate: 9 × 15 3/8 inches (22.9 × 39.1 cm), and Image: 9 × 15 3/8 inches (22.9 × 39.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite: "M___ L. 138"
Lettered in image: "Elder Brother | of the Trinity House | A Secretary | Gov.r of the Bank | in Scotland | A Commisioner | for India affair | A Commisioner of | Chelsea Hospital | A Governor of | Greenwich Hosp.t | Treasuere of | the Navy | Custos Rotulorum | for Middlesex | Patent Printer of the | Bible in Scotland | Chancellor of the | University of St. Andrew's | Joint Keeper of the | Signet in Scotland | Gov.t of the Charter | House | If you've any conscience | at a', heres enough to satisfy | yo a'. | Come on my little Fellows- | There's plenty of room for | you all- the Budget | is not half full | IMPERIAL POUCH | very snug and convenient | Brother. I assure you. | Och. Och=do no | leave us-Consider your | Old House. I will look like | a big Walnut shell- | without a Kernal"; lettered below image: "Pub: by S.W. Fores 50 Piccadilly june 20th 1800 | NB Folios of Caricatures Lent | A FLIGHT Across the Herring Pool | IC".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Godfrey Pearlson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Isaac Cruikshank, 1756–1810, British, A Flight Across the Herring Pool, 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.