- Running Away with an Heiress
- Etching with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 9 1/4 inches (20.3 × 23.5 cm) and Image: 7 × 8 1/2 inches (17.8 × 21.6 cm)
Lettered in image: "How I do long for the | Blacksmith! | When shall | we get to Gretna Green! | I think I have got a great | prize at last! 40.000 £ | in Bank Stock is a weighty | Consideration!"; lettered below image, lower center: "Giles Grinagain inv'd et fecit | RUNNING AWAY WITH AN HEIRESS. | Published Jan'y. 1st 1802. by S. Howitt, Panton Street, Haymarket.".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Godfrey Pearlson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Giles Grinagain, British, 1801 - 1807, British, Running Away with an Heiress, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.