- A Change in the Head of Affairs
- ca. 1828
- Etching with hand coloring in watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 17 1/4 inches (28.9 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 10 3/8 × 14 3/4 inches (26.4 × 37.5 cm), and Image: 8 1/2 × 13 1/8 inches (21.6 × 33.3 cm)
Lettered inside image: "Happy I am to see the Whig discarded. I'll try and Administer | something that shall fit you M---- better | Throw it away. I can't get any | of them to suit me"; lettered below image: "Esq -- | A CHANGE IN THE HEAD OF AFFAIRS | London, Published by Tho's McLean, 26, Haymarket.".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Godfrey Pearlson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Heath, 1795–1840, British, A Change in the Head of Affairs, ca. 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.