- Sailors on Shore at Navarino
- ca. 1827
- Etching with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 3/8 × 11 7/8 inches (44.1 × 30.2 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 × 14 3/4 inches (26 × 37.5 cm), and Image: 8 7/8 × 14 inches (22.5 × 35.6 cm)
Lettered inside of image: "Thanks noble Friends for this assistance are we to count upon your farther aid | To be sure you are - and here's my messmates | who will stick to you as long as we have a Timber | afloat - we had a bit of a Squall our selves a little | while ago - but that's all over now. | an't it, Mounseur | Oui, out, Monsier. | Pub by T. McLean 26 Haymarket London"; lettered below image: "Esq. De | SAILORS on SHORE at NAVARINO."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Godfrey Pearlson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Heath, 1795–1840, British, Sailors on Shore at Navarino, ca. 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.